Saturday, December 15, 2012

Saturday, November 10, 2012 Auburn Environmental Park

I had my oncology visit yesterday. Great news, margins clear, nothing in the lymph nodes and I won't have to do chemo or radiation! Music to my ears. The double mastectomy went well and my recovery was coming along fine. I was actually having a bit more pain now in my chest, felt a bit like it was on fire, but that is just all those nerve endings that had been cut coming back to life and trying to figure out what they should be doing. I needed to get out of the house for something other than a doctors visit so we started easy and just went to the Auburn Environmental Park to see what we could see. We really didn't expect anything new but I was anxious to try out my new pair of glasses. I had received them just before my surgery. So now I could actually use both my eyes through the binocs. We didn't see much down there but there were some robins, a red-tailed hawk a wren and overhead we saw some geese and then a couple of trumpeter swans. That made my day. They are so beautiful and it was nice to know they were back in our area. We also heard what could have been the Virginia rail but it was too far off to get any view. It was a good start to getting back on my feet. Onward and upward!

No comments:

Post a Comment