Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Saturday June 23, 2012 Auburn Enviornment Park

 I was really hoping to get a full day of birding in today as I'm having eye surgury on Tuesday and I won't be able to get out for a while. I had planned to go to Nisqually NWR but the morning was very cold and very wet and I had no desire to get out to Nisqually on the boardwalk and get drenched. So we just took it easy. The late afternoon did dry out and warm a bit so we pushed ourselves to get out. We stayed close to home and just went to the Auburn Enviornment Park. We did see swallows, waxwings, even the Virginia rail gave us a brief peak but we didn't see any new bird....until...we were getting back in our car. What's that up in that tree? Rudy got the scope out. It's a flycatcher--it's a willow flycatcher (#146)! Add one more.

No comments:

Post a Comment